Rosette Brooches, 6th Century
Brooches like these would be used to hold tunics together, or just as decorative symbols of wealth and status.
Each Garnet cloisonne cell has a fold sheet backing and then is covered with a garnet. The gold paper would help with the shiny garnet and make it shine more as the light passed through the garnet, reflected off the fold paper and back out the garnet.
- ibn-mekhiya reblogged this from concerto4art
- ibn-mekhiya likes this
- concerto4art likes this
- realsubtle reblogged this from understandingghosts
- realsubtle likes this
- yeoldeyank reblogged this from medievalart
- chasing-yesterdays likes this
- understandingghosts reblogged this from medievalart
- maricosquis reblogged this from medievalart and added:
- lehellequin likes this
- medievalart reblogged this from concerto4art
- concerto4art posted this